Matt Miller of B/R offers some NFL comparisons for the the top-three quarterback prospects in this year’s class.
- Cal QB Jared Goff – Matt Ryan
- North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz – Derek Carr
- Memphis QB Paxton Lynch – Blake Bortles
Bengals QB Andy Dalton mentioned that he’s yet to begin throwing yet after he suffered a thumb injury several weeks ago.
“Not throwing yet because we are being very conservative with it,” Dalton said, via Bengals.com. “I feel like I can throw but no reason to push anything right now. I have plenty of time now to get 100 percent.”
- Alex Marvez reports that the Falcons have hired Florida assistant Jesse Ackerman for their strength and conditioning staff.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN mentions that Bears free agent RB Matt Forte would be a “perfect fit” for the Patriots.
- In regards to the receiver position, Reiss mentions that Danny Amendola is still a fit with the team, but his $5 million base salary leaves some uncertainty about him being back with the team.
- Reiss could see the Patriots bringing back restricted free agent OT LaAdrian Waddle for some depth.
- According to Reiss, veteran ILB Jerod Mayo won’t be back with an $11.4 million cap figure.
- Reiss doesn’t see TE Scott Chandler returning in 2016.
- Terry McCormick mentions that if free agent RB Doug Martin ends up being available, he would expect him to be a target for the Titans.
- McCormick admits that it sounds like Martin will be back with the Buccaneers.