Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Draft, Broncos, Bucs, Chargers & Raiders
NFL Notes: Draft, Broncos, Bucs, Chargers & Raiders
- According to Ian Rapoport, Alabama prospects DL Jarran Reed and LB Reggie Ragland may hold off on the bench rep portion of the NFL Combine because of lingering shoulder injuries that are considered to be minor.
- According to Mike Klis of 9News, the Jaguars reportedly “covet” Broncos impending free agent LB Malik Jackson, who could command a salary between $11 million to $14 million annually.
- Klis believes Jackson could opt for a $14 million annual contract on the open market over a $12 million offer from the Broncos.
- As for impending free agent QB Brock Osweiler, Klis thinks he would re-sign with Denver at $12 million per year over receiving $15 million through free agency.
- Klis mentions that LB Danny Trevathan could earn between $5 million and $7 million in free agency. However, he would be surprised to see Denver offer more than $5 million annually.
- With this in mind, Klis gives the Broncos a 30 percent chance at re-signing Trevathan and expects him to test free agency.
- Chargers attorney Mark Fabiani said the team’s proposal for a new stadium in downtown San Diego would require a low money contribution from the city. (Jason Cole)
- Additionally, the Chargers’ plan to combine a new stadium with the San Diego Convention Center would cost $1.4 billion in total. However, building the stadium could only cost $800 million since $600 million would be deducted from the convention center upgrade. (Jason Cole)
- The Chargers also believe San Diego city attorney Cory Briggs’ downtown plans allows a simple majority vote regarding the proposal, but Cole adds that there would be some obvious legal hurdles along the way. (Jason Cole)
Tags Bradley McDougald Brock Osweiler Danny Lansanah Danny Trevathan Jarran Reed Malik Jackson Reggie Ragland Russell Shepard Sterling Moore