“I have full belief in our quarterback,” Taylor said via ESPN’s Katherine Terrell. “And, Andy, again, going back, I’ve watched him a long time and I have a ton of respect for Andy. Andy has won a lot of games in this league and so I’m excited. If he had been healthy all season, I would’ve been excited to see what he did last year.”
- Browns HC Freddie Kitchens says it’s not a given the team will trade RB Duke Johnson: “I don’t know why everyone assumes we’re going to trade Duke Johnson just because we signed Kareem Hunt. He’s a good football player” (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Mary Kay Cabot reports that the Browns are working with the NFL to see if Kareem Hunt can remain with the team during his eight-game suspension.
- Cabot says that the Browns are hoping that Hunt can continue to work out at their facility and attend meetings during the ban.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh says the team’s priority has been to build one of the best secondaries in the league. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- Harbaugh adds he’s challenged both LBs Tyus Bowser and Tim Williams to step up this year. (Zrebiec)
- One way or another, Harbaugh says they’ll address the pass rush: “We’ll get some pass rushers. We’ll find some.” (Zrebiec)
- The Ravens will bring in competition on the interior offensive line and also look for OL Matt Skura to take a step forward. (Zrebiec)
- Harbaugh mentioned the Ravens would like to add a shifty, home-run type back. (Zrebiec)
Steelers HC Mike Tomlin said CB Artie Burns has an opportunity to change the direction of his “arrow.”
“Man, it hadn’t been going up and that’s just realistic but he has the opportunity to do something about it,” Tomlin said via the Athletic’s Mark Kaboly.