- Bills HC Sean McDermott said he knows rookie DE Greggory Rousseau hasn’t played in a year, and he just has to take it day by day. (Chris Brown)
- McDermott said WR Stefon Diggs is not at OTAs, but he should be recovered from his torn oblique. (Marcel Louis-Jacques)
- Bills DT Star Lotulelei is also not at OTAs. (Brown)
- According to McDermott, over 70 players attended OTAs. (Matthew Fairburn)
- McDermott is encouraged by DE A.J. Epenesa‘s development: “He’s in great shape right now. He looks as good as I’ve seen him. He’s been here most of the offseason. He’s in a great spot right now. He’s on track to be ready for training camp. It’s very encouraging.” (Brown)
- Bills QB Josh Allen pointed out how good WR Emmanuel Sanders‘ route running is. (Michael Giardi)
- Allen also said he is not thinking about a new contract right now. (Giardi)
From an athleticism and production standpoint, Dolphins first-round OLB Jaelan Phillips profiled more like a top-ten pick than someone who slipped to the second half of the first round. His college position coach said Phillips runs like a safety despite weighing 260 pounds and he racked up eight sacks and 15.5 tackles for loss in 2020. But a long injury history and a decision to step away from football for a brief period injected some doubts into his stock for some — although not the Dolphins.
“The one thing when you watch him play, you would never question his passion and effort because he plays 100 mph,” Dolphins GM Chris Grier said via the Athletic’s Josh Tolentino. “He’s got a tremendous motor and effort, and you can tell football is very important to him.”
- Pro Football Talk’s Chris Simms says Falcons WR Julio Jones has the most interest in the Titans and Patriots as trade destinations.
- Patriots OG Michael Onwenu said first-round QB Mac Jones has fit in with the team so far: “I think he looks good all around. I think he fits the personnel and fits the team.” (Doug Kyed)
- Onwenu mentioned he is working at both tackle and guard in OTAs. (Ryan Hannable)
- Patriots WR Jakobi Meyers has also been impressed with Jones: “He’s been definitely easy to work with. He probably won’t run past everybody, so throwing a catchable ball is definitely something that’s got him to where he is, and he’s blessed to have the arm talent that he has.” (Kyed)
- Meyers made it a point not to single out any one quarterback, though, and said of Cam Newton: “[I’m no QB evaluator] but I know he does look good right now.”(Mike Reiss)