- Broncos’ practice squad RB Jonathan Williams had interest from the Chiefs, Vikings, and Jets before agreeing to a deal with Denver. This is likely why Williams was able to secure such an impressive salary for a practice squad member.
- Broncos RB Devontae Booker (wrist) said he is still unsure about his timetable for recovery: “I’m not sure yet. It all depends on how much I’m doing out there with my running backs coach and getting back into football shape.” (Nick Kosmider)
- Booker went on to say that he must undergo a CT scan before he is cleared for practice: “I just got to get a CT scan Friday and then I’ll be ready.”
- Jaguars QB Blake Bortles said he is 100 percent recovered from his wrist injury: “It feels good… Good to go… A hundred percent.” (John Oesher)
- Jaguars HC Doug Marrone mentioned he is still undecided who will be their starting left guard: “We are still moving people through.” (John Oesher)
- According to Oehser, Patrick Omameh, Earl Watford, Josh Wells, and Tyler Shatley are all competing for the left guard role.
- Marrone declined to say whether Jaguars RB T.J. Yeldon (hamstring) will be out for Week 1.
- The Jets worked out former Browns CB Alvin Hill on Wednesday. (Aaron Wilson)
“I’m not good about forecasting things,” Del Rio said, via Michael Wagaman of the Associated Press. “We’ll see how he goes through the work week. There was concern early in the week that we’ll need to see how he does, how he responds. We had some kickers come in here to make sure that we’re prepared in the case that he’s not able to go that we’re covered. That’s really it.”
When asked about the Janikowski’s contract situation, Del Rio said rumors “took on a life of its own” and that the team is doing their “due diligence.”
“I think it kind of took on a life of its own,” Del Rio said. “A lot of people reporting and speculating but we’re just doing our due diligence and we’ll see how the week goes.”