- Ian Rapoport reports that Chargers RB Justin Jackson could end up missing a few weeks with a calf strain.
- Chargers HC Anthony Lynn said he has faith in Troymaine Pope if Jackson can’t play.
- Lynn didn’t rule out RB Melvin Gordon playing in Week 4, despite recently returning to the team. (NFLTR)
- Regarding this decision to end his holdout, Gordon told reporters: “1-2. You don’t want to get into a big hole. You worked the whole offseason to be a in a good position to make the playoffs…I just want to come back and help.” (Field Yates)
- As for his holdout, Gordon said: “Nothing came out of it, so I try not to think about it. Obviously there is no contract, so it’s obviously something I don’t want to speak on. All I can do is come out here and play ball, and kind of let my skill take place, and determine my future.” (Eric Williams)
- Gordon explained that his agents actually wanted him to return to the Chargers: “I was the reason I didn’t come in. They wanted me to come in, and I was like, ‘No.’” (Eric Williams)
- The Los Angeles Chargers officially ruled out K Michael Badgley (right groin), TE Virgil Green (groin), TE Hunter Henry (knee), RB Justin Jackson (calf), and WR Mike Williams (back) for Week 4 and list WR Travis Benjamin (hip) as doubtful.
- The Chargers also have CB Casey Hayward (back) and LB Drue Tranquill (ankle) as questionable for Sunday’s game.
- The Kansas City Chiefs officially ruled out T Eric Fisher (groin), WR Tyreek Hill (shoulder), and RB Damien Williams (knee) for Week 4.
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden said the status of their linebackers “is still sketchy but I am encouraged” that Vontaze Burfict and Nicholas Morrow will play on Sunday. (Vic Tafur)
- Gruden mentioned that RT Trent Brown is technically questionable but he is expected to play. (Scott Bair)
- Raiders LB Marquel Lee is a candidate to return from injured reserve later this season.(Scott Bair)
- The Oakland Raiders officially ruled out WR Dwayne Harris (ankle) and G Gabe Jackson (knee) for Week 4 and list T Trenton Brown (ankle, knee), and C Jordan Devey (groin) as questionable.