- According to Jason La Canfora, there’s a “strong sense” among NFL executives that if Pat Fitzgerald ever left Northwestern, it would be for the Bears’ head-coaching job.
- Per ESPN’s Field Yates, Bears CB Kyle Fuller had his contract reworked to create cap space in 2020.
- Lions OL Graham Glasgow said “we’ll see how everything works out” when it comes to free agency.
- When asked if he wants to be back in Detroit next year, Glasgow said: “It’s been a long year and I’d like to feel like, kind of feel like I’m wanted, sort of. So yeah, it’s been, it’s just been a long year and ideally we’d like to, we kind of need to talk about it.” Glasgow didn’t want to get into whether or not he felt like he was wanted based on how he was used this year, which was in a rotation.” (Michael Rothstein)
- According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Lions P Sam Martin can earn $300,000 for finishing in the top 12 in the NFL in net punting average. Martin was 10th entering today’s game.
- Tom Pelissero reports that Packers C Corey Linsley felt his back lock up during Sunday’s game, but this has happened before and he should be good to go after the first-round bye.
- Jason La Canfora writes that he “wouldn’t be totally shocked” if something happened with the Vikings this week.
- La Canfora says he’s heard “a lot of rumblings” coming out of Minnesota and wonders if the level of interest in OC Kevin Stefanski for head-coaching jobs could get ownership’s attention.
- For what it’s worth, Mike Zimmer’s name has been brought up as a possible surprise candidate to be fired this offseason.
- Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Vikings DE Everson Griffen can void his contract for the 2020 season and become an unrestricted free agent after reaching a sack total clause.
- Tom Pelissero of NFL Media mentions that Vikings defensive coordinator George Edwards is set to be a free agent after the season.
- Vikings K Dan Bailey earned a $1 million incentive for maintaining a field goal percentage above 90 percent. (Adam Schefter)