Bears DE Khalil Mack was a terror in Sunday’s 16-6 win against the Vikings, notching 1.5 sacks and helping the Bears to a big divisional win. But even Mack says he’s already looking to the next game and not lingering on the win.
“A dog that poop fast don’t poop for long,” Mack said via NBCSports’s Bryan Perez. “It’s a good division, there’s gonna be a lot of games we gotta win down the stretch, but the most important one is the next one. We can’t be watching what’s going on too much.”
- According to the Athletic’s Adam Jahns, Bears LB Roquan Smith was still at the team facility Monday and Tuesday, though he remains out indefinitely for personal reasons.
The Lions may have suffered their first loss of the season Sunday, but they gave the Chiefs all they could handle and were a few plays away from coming away with a win. Detroit has a bye in Week 5 followed by two divisional games which will be huge toward maintaining their momentum.
“We’re kind of like a newly seeded plant in a way,” Lions LB Jarrad Davis said via Tim Twentyman of the team’s website. “We are starting to blossom a little bit, but we have to keep watering, we have to keep giving ourselves that light, we have to keep just making sure that we pay attention to the things that are going to help us grow and get better.”
- The Lions worked out TE Paul Butler and WR Maurice Harris. (Aaron Wilson)
- Lions signed DE Jonathan Wynn to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Lions released DT Ray Smith from their practice squad.
- According to Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press, the Vikings had interest in bringing back LB Devante Downs to the practice squad before he signed with the Giants, who play the Vikings this week.
- Instead, the Vikings elected to sign CB Nate Meadors to the practice squad to fill it out for this week.
- Vikings signed CB Nate Meadors to their practice squad.
- Vikings waived DB Isaiah Wharton from injured reserve.