- Clemson DE Shaq Lawson said he was approached by the Titans, Steelers and Browns about playing as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme. (Alex Marvez)
- Lawson added that he would be comfortable at the position regardless of playing as a defensive end in college.
- Lawson also told Vic Carucci that he had a “great meeting” with Bills HC Rex Ryan at the NFL Combine.
- According to Mary Kay Cabot, the Browns have not made much progress with impending free agent S Tashaun Gipson and is expected to reach the open market.
- Cabot writes that the Browns would likely have to restructure C Alex Mack‘s contract to around $10 million per year in order to keep him.
- Cabot expects impending free agent RT Mitchell Schwartz to command a salary around $8.5 million annually, making him one of the leagues highest paid players at his position.
- According to Cabot, the Browns will to increase their initial offer to WR Travis Benjamin to have any chance of re-signing him.
- Darren Urban expects the Cardinals to try and sign a defensive back through free agency, as there may be better value at the position than at edge rusher.
- Joel Corry mentions that with Tom Condon securing $18 million per year for QB Sam Bradford, should lead to Drew Brees getting a raise from the Saints, unless he has agreed to give New Orleans a discount to help their cap situation.
- Greg Bell of the News Tribune reports that the agent for DE Michael Bennett did not meet with the Seahawks at the NFL Combine to discuss a new contract for Bennett, and instead spoke with Seattle’s front office regarding upcoming free agents and his draft clients.
- According to Bell, the Seahawks’ are prioritizing re-signing their impending free agents over providing a new contract for Bennett, who has two years left on his deal.
- Bell lists RG J.R. Sweezy, LT Russell Okung, WR Jermaine Kearse and CB Jeremy Lane as players that Seattle could be trying to re-sign.