Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Rico Gathers, Draft, Panthers, & Ravens
NFL Notes: Rico Gathers, Draft, Panthers, & Ravens
- Ian Rapoport reports that NFL teams are intrigued by Baylor basketball player Rico Gathers.
- In fact, there were 24 teams in attendance for his pro day on Monday at the Saints facility, according to Rapoport.
- Alex Marvez has been told by sources that OSU DE Joey Bosa won’t get past the 49ers at No. 7 overall. However, Marvez still isn’t sure where Bosa is likely to land.
- Tony Pauline reports that the Eagles brought in Auburn CB Blake Countess for a visit in recent days.
- According to Jason Cole, the team the Dolphins seem most concerned with in the Cowboys, given that they could target OSU RB Ezekiel Elliott at No. 4 overall.
- Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer reports that Josh Norman tried to sign his franchise tender after he was “blindsided” by the news that the Panthers were rescinding his tag last Wednesday.
- According to Person, Norman actually contacted team officials saying he was finally ready to sign it, but by then, it was too late. Carolina had already contacted the league office.
- Sources tell Person that it was the tough stance taken by Norman’s agent and his unwillingness to budge off of their $16 million-a-year contract demand that prompted Panthers to rescind the tag.
Tags Blake Countess Ezekiel Elliott Joey Bosa Josh Norman Trent Richardson