“We were aware of it since the end of the season so whatever happens, happens. It doesn’t hold us back,” said Lewis, via Jim Owczarski of The Enquirer. “We’re going to miss a player, likely, for a few weeks, but there’s nothing we can do about it. That’s the way it goes. You’ve got to do things within the scope of what the players are asked to do all the time, and that’s important. Just gotta do it the right way.”
- Jim Owczarski reports that free agent RB Cedric Peerman, who missed the 2017 season with a shoulder injury, isn’t done has interest from the Bengals and other teams.
- According to Owczarski, Bengals free agent DT Pat Sims is still intent on playing but he’ll likely have to wait and see how things go in regards to teams filling out their rosters before he secures an opportunity.
- According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins are scheduled to host Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield for an official visit in April and are also having dinner and working him out this week.
- Jackson adds that Mayfield is also scheduled to take official visits to the Jets and Giants.
- Regarding the possibility of playing under HC Adam Gase, Mayfield said he feels that he relates to Gase’s offensive scheme: “Smart guy. I think we relate a lot, mindset-wise on offense. I think they’ve got the keys on that team. They’re close as well. He’s a smart guy. There’s a reason he’s a head coach.”
- Ian Rapoport reports that Patrick Chung‘s new two-year extension with the Patriots is worth $7.8M and includes $3M more for the 2018 season. Chung will make a total of $5.4M this year and base salaries of $2.4M in 2019 and 2020.
- Josina Anderson hears that the thought process behind Ndamukong Suh‘s visit with the Raiders falling through did have to do with Suh and he intended to hold up his end of things.