Home / Browns / Draft Rumors: Shane Ray, Browns, Dolphins, Jaguars, & Saints
Draft Rumors: Shane Ray, Browns, Dolphins, Jaguars, & Saints
- Peter King reports that Missouri DE/OLB Shane Ray is still drawing first-round interest and forcing teams to think very hard about picking him.
- According to King, at least one team drafting in the Top 10 was doing “significant work” on Ray Wednesday.
- King admits that Ray could slide in round one, but NFL teams appear to be heartened by the fact that he’s owning up to his mistake from this past week.
- Peter King reports that teams drafting early in round two are callings teams towards the end of round one to possibly trade up. According to King, two players to watch in this scenario are Pittsburgh OT T.J. Clemmings and USC WR Nelson Agholor.
- King specifically mentions that the Titans, Raiders, Jets and Jaguars are expected to be aggressive in finding a receiver.
- King could see the Buccaneers trying to get up for OT T.J. Clemmings.
- As for teams that could possibly trade back, King suggests the Panthers (25), Ravens (26), Colts (29) and Patriots (32) as logical candidates.
- Peter King is buying the rumor that the Browns could be an option for Wisconsin RB Melvin Gordon at 19.
- King mentions that the Browns are “desperate for offense” and are unsure whether they’ll be able to get much of a passing game going early in 2015.
- According to Peter King, the Dolphins would strongly consider Louisville WR DeVante Parker if he were to be available to them at No. 14.
- While others have said that Georgia RB Todd Gurley could be an option for Miami, King mentions that he “isn’t clean enough for Miami to commit to.”
- Mike Florio reports that it’s believed by some that the Jaguars are torn between Florida DE/OLB Dante Fowler and Alabama WR Amari Cooper.
- According to Florio, the thinking is that HC Gus Bradley wants Fowler while GM Dave Caldwell prefers to come away with Cooper.
Tags Amari Cooper Dante Fowler DeVante Parker Nelson Agholor T.J. Clemmings Todd Gurley