Home Cowboys NFC Notes: Cowboys, Eagles, Lions, Panthers
- Eagles OC Mike Groh told reporters on Tuesday that HC Doug Pederson will announce their starting quarterback for Week 2 on Wednesday. However, the team already knows who the starter is and they’re preparing for the Buccaneers. (Jeff McLane)
- All indications are that Nick Foles will get another start for the Eagles in Week 2.
- Mike Garafolo mentioned that he’s been hearing about some veteran Lions’ player griping about how hard new HC Matt Patricia has worked them and all the rules he’s put in place there.
- Garafolo says that if the Lions continue to perform as poorly as this did last night, things could be coming to a head between some players and Patricia.
- Joe Person reports that the Panthers plan to keep TE Greg Olsen (foot) on their 53-man roster in hopes he can play later in the season.
- Jourdan Rodrigue reports that RT Daryl Williams will “likely” be placed on injured reserve after undergoing knee surgery. However, depending on Williams’ recovery, he could end up being designated to return for the second half of the season.