- 49ers GM Trent Baalke said they had 5-6 players they “coveted” who were still available when they traded back from No. 15. (Eric Branch)
- Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said that trading down out of first round was real option if CB Byron Jones wasn’t available to them. (Todd Archer)
- The Cowboys had one or two other players they would’ve taken if Jones was gone. (Todd Archer)
- Lions GM Martin Mayhew told reporters that they had three options to trade back in round, but the Broncos inclusion of veteran C Manny Ramirez helped them the make the decision to trade back. (Michael Rothstein)
- Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports the Titans have no plans to trade QB Zach Mettenberger, even though they used the No. 2 overall pick on QB Marcus Mariota.
- According to Ian Rapoport, it’s clear that the Titans never came close to taking the Eagles offer for the No. 2 overall pick.