- Pete Prisco of CBS mentions that if the 49ers hire Broncos OC Adam Gase, he wouldn’t be surprised to see them keep their defensive staff in place.
- Ian Rapoport agrees that this idea makes a lot of sense as Gase has a great deal of respect for DC Vic Fangio.
- However, Mike Silver has heard from sources that Fangio would want out of San Francisco unless or Mike Shanahan gets their head-coaching job.
Free agent RB DeMarco Murray mentioned that he’s not worried about his future with the team.
“I’m not worried about my future,” Murray said. “I just lost a big game, the biggest game of my life. Just not worried about it right now. Just relax with my family and get away from it for a little bit.“
- Ian Rapoport confirms that the Cowboys could be a team to watch for former Bills DC Jim Schwartz if Rod Marinelli departs for the Buccaneers defensive coordinator position.
- HC Jason Garrett mentioned that Marinelli told him he would like to remain with the Cowboys. (Todd Archer)
As for Garrett’s future with the team, he mentioned that he “absolutely” wants to remain with the Cowboys.
“Absolutely I want to be here,” Garrett said Tuesday, via NFL.com. “…We’re proud of the team we’ve assembled, the staff we’ve assembled, the players we’ve brought in here. I think we’re building it the right way.“
- GM Dave Gettleman told reporters that they expect to be in the market for more expensive free agents this year.
“Last year we were shopping at the dollar store,” Gettleman said, via Bill Voth of Black and Blue Review. “This year, we’re able to move up in class.”
- ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports that Broncos DC Jack Del Rio is interviewing with the Raiders on Tuesday.
- However, a number of Raiders players “strongly support” Tony Sparano due to his leadership.