Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: 49ers, Jets, Patriots, Steelers
NFL Notes: 49ers, Jets, Patriots, Steelers
- Rich Cimini of ESPN takes a shot at trying to predict the Jets’ draft board. In tier one he has Texas A&M DE Myles Garrett, LSU S Jamal Adams, Alabama DE Jonathan Allen, and Stanford DE Solomon Thomas.
- Cimini’s second tier includes Ohio State CB Marshon Lattimore, Alabama TE O.J. Howard, LSU RB Leonard Fournette and Ohio State S Malik Hooker.
- Mike Reiss writes that if CB Malcolm Butler is going to be traded, then this is likely the week it will happen.
- Reiss adds that a potential trade is likely to come down to whether the Saints are willing to trade their No. 32 overall pick or a package that includes their No. 42 pick, another selection and possibly a late round pick as well.
- In regards to the Patriots keeping Butler, Reiss says that he doesn’t sense there are qualms from the Patriots about bringing Butler back and allowing him to play out the 2017 season under his one-year, $3.91 million restricted deal.
- Jeremy Fowler writes that even if suspended WR Martavis Bryant is back with the Steelers and reinstated in time for offseason workouts next month, Pittsburgh will want him to earn back trust with consistency.
- The expectation has been that Bryant is nearing reinstated, but if the Steelers still don’t know his status, Fowler believes they will approach the draft as though he isn’t in the mix for them.
- Fowler takes a look at some speculative receivers the Steelers could target in the middle rounds of this year’s draft including Zay Jones, Chris Godwin, and Josh Reynolds.
Tags Chris Godwin Deshaun Watson Jamal Adams Jonathan Allen Josh Reynolds Leonard Fournette Malcolm Butler Malik Hooker Marshon Lattimore Martavis Bryant Myles Garrett O.J. Howard Solomon Thomas Zay Jones