- Mike Garafolo reports that Dez Bryant is in New York on Wednesday undergoing a second surgery on his foot.
- According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Notre Dame Jaylon Smith sustained a torn ACL and MCL, and will undergo reconstructive surgery on Thursday.
- Mortensen adds that Smith’s draft stock will be impacted if he elects to forgo his final year of college eligibility.
- Smith has been projected to be go as high as the top five.
- Mindi Bach of CSN Bay Area reports that QB Colin Kaepernick will undergo his expected surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right-hand on Wednesday.
- Ian Rapoport reports that 49ers LBs coach Clancy Pendergast recently interviewed for the USC defensive coordinator position.
The Chargers coaching staff is under strong consideration to coach the 2016 Senior Bowl. However, one Senior Bowl spokesperson said that a staff must be entirely intact to have the opportunity.
“The NFL notifies us, my guess is Thursday or Friday,” said Senior Bowl spokesman Rob Lehocky, via Michael Gehlken of The San Diego Times-Union. “They’re right there in the mix. The staff has to be intact — not only the head coach but the majority of the staff. I know the Chargers let go of six assistants, so that would put them a little bit in question. I don’t know how quickly they’ll fill those positions. … We’d love to have them. I just don’t know how the NFL is going to view that.”
The Chargers currently have coaching vacancies at offensive coordinator, offensive line and assistants, tight ends, wide receivers, and defensive line.