- Stephen Holder reports that RT Gosder Cherilus recently underwent arthroscopic knee surgery.
- Holder adds that WR Reggie Wayne will have surgery on triceps and RB Ahmad Bradshaw is no longer sporting a cast on his leg.
- The Eagles will be permitted to interview GM candidates from the Patriots and Seahawks this week, but they still must receive permission. (Jeff McLane)
- Eagles announced the hiring of DBs coach Cory Undlin and that Justin Peelle has been promoted to TEs coach.
- WR Julian Edelman receives a $500,000 bonus for the Patriots making it to the Super Bowl. (Ben Volin)
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Saints have hired former-Raiders coach Dennis Allen as a defensive assistant.
- Schefter is also reporting that the Saints are hiring former Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland to do college scouting for the team.
Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean spoke to Titans CEO Tommy Smith about a report from earlier in the day that the Titans could be for sale after 2015.
Smith wasted no time in refuted the report.
“The team is not for sale,” said Smith. “We are not entertaining any conversations in regard to the sale of the team. Period. Any statements that say so are completely off base, and I resent it. It is not helpful to what we are trying to accomplish as an organization and as a family.
“This is a family-owned business, and it is going to be a family-owned business. We meet as a family routinely and we enjoy it. We are proud to be owners, we are proud to be in Nashville and we are looking forward to resurrecting the situation as far as on-field performance and are working toward that,” Smith said. “We are going to build an organization that the city and the fans in Nashville and the mid-South can be proud of. We are sorry about last year’s record. It was disappointing for all of us. But in no event is the team for sale at any price, period.“