- A source whose team is drafting in the top-five picks tells Matt Miller of B/R that Wyoming QB Josh Allen “be the first or second pick in the draft.” This came after Allen’s up and down Senior Bowl practices this week.
- Multiple scouts and executives have told Miller that UCLA QB Josh Rosen will turn off those who interest him at the Combine, Pro Day and private workouts: “Scouts might like Rosen, but coaches won’t because he’s stubborn and cocky and he thinks he’s smarter than them.”
- Miller polled four NFL evaluators regarding UCF LB Shaquem Griffin, who is missing his left hand, and they said he’ll most likely be drafted in the late rounds.
- An NFC scout tells Miller that he has some concerns about Georgia linebacker Roquan Smith: “You’re going to have to convince me he can get off blockers because he didn’t against Notre Dame or Oklahoma.” However, another scout said that Smith has “Ryan Shazier– or Shaq Thompson-like athleticism.”
After spending a few months of the season with the Patriots, DE Cassius Marsh was claimed off of waivers by 49ers in November and finished out the year in San Francisco.
Marsh is now in line to be a free agent but he’s hoping to return to the 49ers for the 2018 season.
“From the moment I got here I felt at home,” Marsh said, via the Sacramento Bee. “And I was coming from something that, for the first time, really felt like I was away from home and turned the game I love into true work.”
- Kent Somers reports that Nick Eason could end up being hired by the Cardinals as their defensive line coach.
- According to Mike Jurecki, new Cardinals HC Steve Wilks is scheduled to meet with Kevin Garver on Saturday, possible regarding the team’s WRs coaching position.
Oklahoma pass rusher Ogbonnia Okoronkwo said he met with the Cowboys at the Senior Bowl and would welcome the opportunity to play for Dallas.
“That would be really cool [to play for the Cowboys],” Okoronkwo said, via the Star-Telegram. “If you’ve ever been in Norman, Saturdays it’s all about OU. And on Sundays, it’s all about the Cowboys. So that would be pretty cool.”