“We can’t draft him [because of the assault charge], but he’ll be the best running back from this class,” the scout said. “He’s on par with Zeke [Elliott] and David Johnson.”
- Connecticut S Obi Melifonwu had a private meeting with the Buccaneers on Thursday. (Aaron Wilson)
- Bucknell OT Julien Davenport has 10 private workouts lined up with offensive line coaches including the Falcons, Chargers, and Buccaneers. Davenport had formal meetings at Combine with these three teams. (Aaron Wilson)
- Central Florida QB Justin Holman has been invited to the Falcons’ local workout day. (Aaron Wilson)
- Oklahoma State CB Lenzy Pipkins has been invited to Cowboys’ local workout day. (Aaron Wilson)
- Kansas State LB Elijah Lee spent “extensive” time with the Dolphins, Vikings and Cardinals after his Pro Day workout and has pre-draft visits lined up with the Vikings, Lions and 49ers to go along with private workouts with the Cardinals. (NFL Draft Diamonds)
- According to Jason La Canfora, Morocco Brown could garner some consideration from the 49ers for a role in their front office.
- La Canfora points out that Brown had a “strong relationship” with Kyle Shanahan and his father from their time together in Washington and it wouldn’t be shocking to see them bring Brown in.
- League sources tell Jason La Canfora that the Colts may have to stick with most of their scouts for another year, given that they’re still under contract.
- However, La Canfora’s added that new Colts GM Chris Ballard is “very bullish” on bringing in Seattle executive Ed Dodds.
- Ballard is also “very high” on Jets’ director of college scouting Rex Hogan.
- Another name to keep an eye on for the Colts, according to La Canfora, is Morocco Brown.
- According to Armando Salguero, the Dolphins believe they’re still in the mix to sign LB Zach Brown, but money remains an issue. Salguero adds that Brown will have to lower his asking price in order for this to be an option.
- We have him featured in our Top 50 Available Free Agents list.