Home / Cowboys / NFL Notes: Jim Schwartz, Cowboys, Eagles & Packers
NFL Notes: Jim Schwartz, Cowboys, Eagles & Packers
- According to Chris Mortensen, Eagles DC Jim Schwartz will be among the top NFL assistants who will surface as head-coaching candidates after the season.
- Although, Mortensen says that Schwartz is unlikely to take just any job and he could entertain the right college opportunity.
- Chris Mortensen reports that Cowboys QB Tony Romo‘s cracked vertebrae is improving and his latest MRI was encouraging.
- Mortensen adds that Romo has been throwing and is on schedule to return to the team on October 30 for their game against the Eagles.
- However, rookie QB Dak Prescott has actually set a standard that could be difficult to match, as he’s yet to throw an interception.
- Eagles RT Lane Johnson will be available for their Week 5 game against the Lions, as his appeal of the 10-game suspension for violating the PED policy is decided.
- However, Adam Schefter mentions that with Johnson not being a first-time offender, it could be difficult for him to win the appeal based on ignorance, even though the supplement he took was on the NFLPA’s list of approved products.
- Rob Demovsky reports that the Packers are hoping that TE Jared Cook will be able to return towards to the early part of his 4-6 week timetable for a high-ankle sprain.
- This explains why the team has elected to not sign a free agent tight end following tryouts this week.
Tags Dak Prescott Jared Cook Jim Schwartz Lane Johnson Tony Romo