- Rand Getlin reports that Florida S Keanu Neal has been invited to attend the 2016 NFL Draft in Chicago.
- According to Tony Pauline of Draft Insider, Utah LB Jared Norris improved from each of his combine results at his Pro Day after timing 4.68 seconds in the 40-yard dash, 6.86 seconds in the three-cone drill and 4.23 seconds in the short shuttle while also looking “smooth and fluid” during position drills.
- Pauline reports that many scouts feel Utah QB Travis Wilson did enough during his Pro Day to gain consideration as a practice squad player.
- Louisiana Tech QB Jeff Driskel said the Cowboys and Lions spent extra time with him after his Pro Day. (Tom Pelissero)
- Jordan Raanan of NJ.com isn’t sure who will be the Giants’ No. 2 receiver this year, but isn’t ruling out them at least considering trade options.
- Raanan thinks the team will explore adding a veteran defensive lineman at some point this offseason such as someone like DL Jason Hatcher.
- In regards to the draft, Raanan believes the Giants are “really, really” highly of Ohio State DE Joey Bossa.
Saints QB Drew Brees said he is “hopeful and confident” that a long-term extension with the team will get done “sooner than later.”
“I think if you pull up all the contracts of all the quarterbacks in the league, I’m sure that there’s circumstances surrounding each and every one of them,” said Brees, via Mike Triplett of ESPN. “But at the end of the day, it’s again like I said, I’m hopeful and confident that something will happen sooner than later.”
It is worth mentioning that ESPN’s Ed Werder reported on Wednesday that the Saints are discussing a four-year contract extension for Brees.
- Saints HC Sean Payton said the current plan for the team’s linebackers is to have James Laurinaitis start in the middle, while moving Stephone Anthony to the left outside linebacker position and Dannell Ellerbe to the right side. (Nick Underhill)
- Underhill believes this could push OLB Hau’oli Kikaha to left defensive end and enable DL Cameron Jordan to play as the right end.
- Aaron Wilson reports that Angelo State QB/WR Kyle Washington has been invited to the Texans’ local prospect day.