Home Dolphins NFL Rumors: Kirk Cousins, Draft, Dolphins, Jets
- While reports and rumors have connected free agent QB Kirk Cousins to the Broncos in recent weeks, Tony Pauline reports that Cousins signing with Denver “is not a done deal” and there are approximately eight teams that intend to be in the mix for him.
- According to Pauline, a surprise team to watch for Cousins is the Jaguars. Pauline first heard that Jacksonville had interest in Cousins at the Shrine game and he says that the “rumblings have been persistent and have grown louder since.“
- We have Cousins featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- Tony Pauline reports that a few teams including the Seahawks and Packers are “looking hard” at Wake Forest safety Jessie Bates III, who could be a third-round pick when all is said and done.
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald writes that it’s “highly questionable” whether the Dolphins would actually draft a quarterback at No. 11 overall for a number of reasons.
- Even so, Jackson isn’t completely ruling out the possibility if the Dolphins’ front office falls in love with a certain prospect.
- If Miami really plans to compete in 2018 and consider quarterbacks in the first-round of the draft, Jackson says they’re going to need to create as much cap space as possible. According to Jackson, Miami could have as much as $50 million to work with in the coming months if they’re willing to restructure some contracts and cut a few players.
- Jackson believes the Dolphins should target a tight end in free agency such as Trey Burton with Jimmy Graham and Austin Seferian-Jenkins being “fallback options.”
- The Dolphins also need a starting linebacker and Jackson suggests Nigel Bradham, Demario Davis and NaVorro Bowman as three appealing options.
- Jackson believes the Dolphins should at least try to sign WR Jarvis Landry to a long-term extension.
- We have all of these players featured in our Top 100 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- According to Tony Pauline, Jets free agent TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins will be one of the hotter names at the tight end position in the free-agent market.
- However, it’s possible that the Jets could get an extension worked out with him in the coming weeks to prevent him from testing the open market.
- Pauline says there’s mutual interest between the Jets and Seferian-Jenkins regarding an extension and New York has reached out to speak to his reps about a potential deal.