- Per ESPN’s Ben Baby, Bengals HC Zac Taylor ruled out WR A.J. Green (ankle) and LT Cordy Glenn (concussion) for this week.
- Taylor added Green is still week-to-week. (Baby)
- Bengals placed WR John Ross on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Bengals promoted WR Stanley Morgan to their active roster.
Browns rookie LB Mack Wilson admits he thinks about falling to the fifth round of the 2019 NFL Draft “all the time.” However, he’s focused on keeping his starting role moving forward.
“There’s not too many rookie linebackers starting around the league, unless they were drafted in the first and second rounds,” Wilson said, via Steve Doerschuck of CantonRep.com. “I think about (falling to Round 5) all the time. But I have a job to do. I’ve got to focus on trying to keep my job. My mind is focused on the future … how I can get better, what I can do to make more money down the line.”
Steelers third-round rookie WR Diontae Johnson bounced back from an early fumble that cost Pittsburgh three points to catch six passes for 77 yards and a long touchdown. Steelers HC Mike Tomlin said his advice to the rookie after the turnover was short: “Don’t fumble anymore.”
“These guys are at this level because they are able to bounce back,” Tomlin said via Joe Rutter of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “You’re not a National Football League player unless you can stare adversity in the face and overcome it. It’s probably not the first time he’s put the ball on the ground in his life. You show me any successful person in any walk of life, I’ll show you a guy that’s failed a lot and found ways to overcome it and endure. I’m not surprised when these guys respond appropriately to negativity. I’m more concerned about how they respond to positivity, to success and their ability to remain singularly focused. That’s more telling about the man in today’s game.”
- Steelers signed QB Taryn Christion to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Steelers released TE Alize Mack from their practice squad.