- Armando Salguero of Miami Herald writes that the Dolphins are considering quarterback options that could be available after their first pick.
- Miami has the Steelers and Texans first-round picks next year, so it’s possible they could consider using either on a quarterback.
- Salguero believes the two most obvious choices for the Dolphins should they wait to select a quarterback would be Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts.
- Barry Jackson reports that Dolphins WR DeVante Parker is out of concussion protocol and should be able to play tomorrow at the Giants.
- According to Adam Beasley, Dolphins CB Walt Aikens did not travel with the team to New York for Week 15 and will be a healthy scratch.
- Dolphins waived CB Marcus Sherels. (NFLTR)
- Dolphins promote S Montre Hartage to their active roster.
Patriots HC Bill Belichick told a story on NFL Network during the introduction of the tight ends on the NFL’s All-Time Team about Rob Gronkowski sleeping on the floor during his pre-draft interview with the team.
“Rob was kind of a shot in the dark,” Belichick said, via Pro Football Talk. “He came up on his predraft visit, had a bad visit. We put him in a room, came back and he was asleep on the floor. Didn’t make a very good impression. . . . Like, oh, boy.
“He got off to a slow start there,” Belichick said. “Went to Arizona. Didn’t do much as a freshman. Had a decent year as a sophomore, caught 30 passes, and then missed his junior year with back surgery and then came out early for the draft. So there wasn’t much to go on. We traded up for him and just kind of bet that he would come through, and he certainly did big time.”
- The Patriots officially downgraded DL Byron Cowart (concussion) to out for Week 15.
- Ravens CB Marcus Peters was fined $14,037 for unsportsmanlike conduct in Week 14 after drinking a beer with fans following the game. (Ian Rapoport)