- According to Mike Klis, QB Kevin Hogan took the second-team snaps while second-round QB Drew Lock took the third-team reps.
- Broncos HC Vic Fangio says he’s hopeful G Ronald Leary will be able to practice before summer break: “Hopefully Ron makes a full recovery from his injury, which I think he can and he will. Everything has been positive both from the medical people & from talking to him.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
Chargers DE Joey Bosa said he’s feeling better after a foot injury limited him to seven games in 2018.
“As expected, I deal with soreness here and there, but there’s been nothing limiting me — no movement or anything,” Bosa said via ESPN’s Eric Williams. “I’m as fast and strong as I’ve ever been in my life. It’s just about some little things like my hands and stuff, but as a defensive lineman, you’re going to deal with that stuff.”
- Chargers LB Denzel Perryman mentioned that he’ll work with the medical staff and see how his knee feels to make a final determination, but he expects to be ready to go for training camp. (Jeff Miller)
- According to Terez Paylor, Chiefs DT Chris Jones did not attend the start of OTA’s, which was expected as he and the team work on an extension.
- Chiefs re-signed DB Dakari Monroe. (NFLTR)
The Raiders took a chance on LB Vontaze Burfict largely on the strong recommendation of DC Paul Guenther, who coached Burfict in Cincinnati.
“To take a leap of faith on him was a no-brainer,” said Guenther via ESPN’s Paul Gutierrez. “He’s coming to resurrect his career. He’s coming into a defense he knows, but a new place, a fresh beginning. This is a guy that had a rough upbringing. We bonded. I saw a really good player in there somewhere. I had to get it out … there was a trust factor. ‘Do what I tell you to do and it will work out.’ Every week I just kept feeding him information.”
- The Raiders announced official several hires and promotions on Tuesday.
- Raiders G Denzelle Good worked as the first-team left guard during OTA’s, though that could change if Oakland signs another veteran. (Michael Gehlken)
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden said he didn’t have a reason why WR Antonio Brown wasn’t at OTA’s: “Hopefully we’ll see him in the next couple days. He’s been working extremely hard learning our offense & really excited to get him out here but in the meantime we have plenty of balls to throw & plenty of receivers to throw to.” (James Palmer)
- Gruden said OT Brandon Parker is working as the backup at both tackle spots and the Raiders will try to get him on the field: “He may play left guard. Who knows?” (Scott Bair)
- Raiders QB Derek Carr said the speculation Oakland would draft another quarterback got “annoying” after a while: “I didn’t help the situation by challenging people to fight…I’m honestly going to be here a long time..this is my team and it will be as long as I want it to be.”(Gutierrez)