New Cowboys S George Iloka says he’s hoping to have an immediate impact on defense for Dallas that will result in the best season of his NFL career.
“This defense plays into my strong points,” Iloka said, via the Dallas Morning News. “I’m versatile, and I can do a lot of things. I’m a physical safety. I like to come up in the run game support, set the edge, take on blockers and make an impact.
“My goal is to have the best year of my career. If I do that, everything else will fall into place.”
- According to Eliot Shorr-Parks, several Eagles players who could be on the roster bubble this year after additions in free agency include WRs Shelton Gibson and Mack Hollins, and RB Josh Adams.
- Shorr-Parks says the Eagles could also trade CB Rasul Douglas to clear a logjam at corner.
- Eagles RB Jordan Howard says he basically knew he was going to be traded to Philadelphia for a month. (Mike Kaye)
- According to Jordan Raanan, the Giants have no immediate plans to extend QB Eli Manning and plan to take it one year at a time with him.
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport says that it could make sense for the Giants to extend Manning if they don’t draft a quarterback this year in order to mitigate risk next season.
- Rapoport mentions that if Manning plays well as the starter in 2019 without an extension, the Giants could be forced to place the franchise tag on him. Either way, Rapoport says nothing will happen with Manning’s contract until after the draft.
- Per Rapoport, the Giants will meet with Ohio State DE Nick Bosa.