- OUT for Week 4: RB Leonard Fournette (ankle), WR Chris Godwin (hamstring)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 4: WR Scott Miller (hip, groin)
Falcons DC Raheem Morris said he is excited to have CB Kendall Sheffield back from a foot injury.
“We’ve certainly been missing him,” said Morris, via D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “To get our guy Sheff back, is certainly a joyous day for all of us.”
Morriss is hopeful Sheffield will be available for the Falcons’ Monday Night game.
“We’re happy to see him get back out there and practice,” Morris said. “Let’s get him through one day at a time. Let’s get him through this Wednesday (and get him back) for practice on Thursday. See where we are tomorrow and keep going from that point until the Monday night game. Hopefully, we’ll have a chance to get him on the grass.”
Falcons HC Dan Quinn pointed out that Sheffield provides the Falcons “speed” as an outside corner.
“With Sheffield, everybody knows it’s the speed,” Quinn said. “He’s got extreme ability and speed outside. He can stay on top of routes.”
- Falcons WR Julio Jones said his hamstring injury is not 100 percent, but he feels good today. Jones added that a lot can happen from now until Monday. (Jason Butt)
“After I caught the touchdown pass, [Brees] walked up to me and gave me a hug and pretty much said, ‘That right there is the icebreaker,’” Sanders said, via ProFootballTalk. “I hope it is. We gotta build our chemistry. Unfortunately we never had OTAs, we really didn’t have a true true training camp. People say, yeah we were at training camp, but you just can’t throw a guy in and be like, ‘Yo, go eight reps in a row.’ You gotta build it in. So we missed out on a lot of time even though he came out to Denver and threw with me for two days. That doesn’t make up for it. So right now we’re just trying to gain that chemistry in games and at practice and I’m just trying to earn his trust game by game and put it on film that I’m open whenever he needs me and I’m gonna catch it whenever he needs me.”
- OUT for Week 4: TE Jared Cook (groin), DE Marcus Davenport (elbow, toe), CB Janoris Jenkins (shoulder), CB Marshon Lattimore (hamstring), G Andrus Peat (ankle), WR Michael Thomas (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 4: LB Chase Hansen (hip)