- Mike Klis of 9News reports that the Broncos are working to re-sign WR Jordan Norwood and fit him into their cap situation.
- However, Norwood has interest from other teams including the Lions and Jets.
- Dolphins C Mike Pouncey said he underwent a hip surgery procedure right after the season ended. (Andrew Abramson)
Eagles VP of football operations Howie Roseman explained that the notion that teams can find starting running backs in the later rounds of the draft or even as undrafted free agents doesn’t stand up when you look at the top-10 rushers in relation to their draft status.
“We studied this,” said Roseman, via The Philadelphia Inquirer. “There’s this narrative that you can get running backs in the fifth, sixth, seventh round of the draft and free agency. But when you look back at the last 10 years, guys who were really in the top 10 in rushing, those guys are high picks.”
While Roseman didn’t mention Ohio State’s Ezekiel Elliott specifically, he’s the only player who fits into this category.
- Patriots owner Robert Kraft told reporters on Monday that he personally wrote a letter to commissioner Roger Goodell and laid out their case to get back the first-round pick they lost as punishment in DeflateGate. (Doug Kyed)
- Jeremy Fowler of ESPN expects the Steelers to considering second-tier cornerback options in the free agent market including Brandon Boykin, Patrick Robinson, Leon Hall and Sterling Moore.
- Fowler also anticipates them drafting a defensive back in the first two rounds.
- As for their defensive line, Fowler suggests Terrance Knighton and Jason Jones as two players who could make sense for them.