- Browns DC Ray Horton told reporters on Friday that veteran QB Josh McCown finished Week 2’s game, despite having a fractured collarbone. Browns HC Hue Jackson said that McCown’s collarbone is “not totally broken.” (Scott Petrak)
- Greg Auman points out that the NFL substance-abuse policy calls for a two-game suspension for conviction and/or admission of an alcohol-related arrest.
- This comes after the news that Buccaneers TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins was arrested Friday morning charged with a misdemeanor count of driving under the influence
- The Vikings announced Friday that LT Matt Kalil had surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right hip and DT Sharrif Floyd had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee performed by Dr. James Andrews.
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer did not rule out the possibility that Kalil could be a candidate to return later on this season. (Chris Tomasson)