- The Cardinals have scheduled a pre-draft visit with Yale OLB Foye Oluokun. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Chargers will conduct a private workout for Virginia WR Andre Levrone. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Dolphins met at length with Southeast Missouri State OLB Kendall Donnerson following his Pro Day workout. (Adam Beasley)
- UCF TE Jordan Akins has a private workout scheduled with the Lions. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- The Panthers met with Samford CB Omari Williams at his Pro Day earlier this month. (Jourdan Rodrigue)
“That’s the first guy I looked at in the offseason and to be able to get him in here is great,” Lewis said, via Bengals.com. “Big heavy-handed guy. Just what we’re looking for. I feel good about that. Smart. You like everything about him … His play-making ability, what we’re looking for, is exciting. It was a good fit.”
Lewis says the four-game suspension LB Vontaze Burfict is facing won’t be a setback for them.
“The biggest thing is Vontaze wants to be held in high esteem. You have to keep earning that and he’s enduring a setback and he has to get over that and get back to football and being a leader,” Lewis said of Burfict. “He and Andy (Dalton) have to lead the team. That’s important that he’s able to do that and get going. I guess fortunately or unfortunately he’s been able to come out of missing the first part of the season and he’s pretty good hitting the ground running. He likely has another opportunity to do that again.
“But it doesn’t hold us back,” Lewis said. “It’s like we have a 54th guy and we’ll gain him at some point. I had a good talk with him after the season and it’s time to go be great. And being great entails a lot of things.”
- Broncos executive VP John Elway was asked Sunday about whether RB C.J. Anderson will be back in Denver next year: “He may or may not. Who knows? We’re going to continue to massage this thing, figure out what’s best. C.J. obviously had a great year for us. We’ll see where it takes us. There’s a lot of moving parts when you talk about cap and type things.” (Mike Klis)
- As for their plans at No. 5 overall, Elway says they’re “wide open” right now: ”We’re wide open to be dead honest with you. I will tell ya, it’s funny how people think they know who you’re drafting because I don’t know who we’re drafting yet. We’re going to do our homework and eventually get there.’’ (Mike Klis)
- Elway said of whether they’re still in the market for free agents: “It depends on what it is because we only have so many slots and have 9 picks now all in the first 5 rounds. So you plan on those guys making it. So, if it’s the right guy in the right situation for us, we’d still do something.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- One area where they could make an addition, according to Elway, is at tight end: ”We’ve been looking for tight ends for a long time. We’ll continue to look for them and try to find one there. You never know what happens through either free agency or trades so we’ll try to address that.” (Mike Klis)
- Yale OLB Foye Oluokun also met with the Broncos following his Pro Day workout. (Troy Renck)