- Sam Houston State WR Davion Davis worked out with the Redskins and Browns last week. (Mike Garafolo)
- Rutgers CB Isaiah Wharton worked out for the Lions, Saints and Titans. (Garafolo)
- Ohio State CB Kendall Sheffield will hold a private pro day Thursday morning after recovering from an injury during the bench press at the Combine. (Aaron Wilson)
- North Carolina LB Cole Holcomb visited the Saints today, Falcons yesterday and Chiefs and Cowboys last week. (Tom Pelissero)
Former Raiders HC Jack Del Rio mentioned on the NFL Network that he wouldn’t be surprised to see the Seahawks trade QB Russell Wilson before the start of the regular season.
“[D]on’t be surprised if before it’s all said and done when we line up for the season next year if Russell Wilson isn’t quarterbacking somewhere else and the Seahawks haven’t gone and gotten a quarterback they think for the future,” Del Rio said, via the SportingNews.com.
Del Rio isn’t saying that this will definitely happen, but based on the fact that Wilson gave the Seahawks a deadline to negotiate his next contract and how Seattle has handled things in the past with key players, he wouldn’t be surprised if Wilson was playing elsewhere this season.
- New Seahawks’ DE Cassius Marsh signed a deal with a $600,000 signing bonus, $850,000 in base salary and $25,000 for each game he’s on the active roster. (Brady Henderson)
- Seahawks DE Nate Orchard‘s deal is worth the minimum $805,000 with no guaranteed money. (Henderson)
- The amount of guaranteed money in Marsh’s and Orchard’s deals are indicative of their chances to make the team, per Henderson.