- Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the NFL will experiment with narrowing the width of goalposts from 18.6 ft to 14 at this year’s Pro Bowl.
- Glazer notes that they have been same width since 1920 and NFL teams have converted 93 percent of field goal attempts inside 40 this season.
- Mike Klis of the Denver Post believes the Broncos could be looking for replacements for offensive coordinator Adam Gase and defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio after this season, as they could both secure head coaching jobs.
- Ian Rapoport reports that HC Joe Philbin is “very much at risk” if they continue to struggle in December.
- According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, “it’s increasingly likely” that DT Randy Starks won’t be back with the Dolphins at his current salary.
- Jackson adds that it’s “highly questionable” if the Dolphins will pay DL Jared Odrick what he could command elsewhere as a free agent.
- Jackson lists Cardinals DT Dan Williams, Broncos DT Terrance Knighton, Lions DT Nick Fairley and Falcons DT Corey Peters as some free agents the Dolphins could consider.
- Ian Rapoport reports that HC Tom Coughlin wants to coach another year, and there’s no guaranteed the Giants make any changes.
“I’m told by sources close to Coughlin that he does want to coach next year, he feels young, he feels healthy,” Rapoport said. “He would like to be the coach of the Giants next year, and there’s no guarantee that the Giants will make a coaching change, despite what everyone thinks. Some will hinge on how this team does finish down the stretch. Remember this is a very patient organization.”