- Ian Rapoport reports that free agent QB T.J. Yates (ACL) has received full medical clearance to resume playing.
- Rapoport believes that Yates is a free agent quarterback to watch, given that several teams need help at that position.
According to Adam Teicher of ESPN, Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles has not regained the feature back role and that he is still behind schedule with his recovery from a torn ACL.
However, Charles said that he is comfortable with where he is at.
“I’m happy where I’m at,’’ Charles said. “Every time is always different than the first time. I can’t treat it like when I had the first ACL. I’ve got to treat it different.”
Chiefs HC Andy Reid also said he is “OK” with Charles at this point in time.
“For Jamaal, it’s [a matter of] getting trust in the leg,’’ Reid said. “Every day he does a little but more and a little bit more and his cuts are a little bit sharper. It’s just a matter of time and we’re OK there. We’re OK with that.’’
Teicher mentions that OLB Tamba Hali is also behind schedule in his recovery from knee surgery.
- Todd Archer notes that second-round LB Jaylon Smith will be a restricted free agent in 2020.
- Jordan Raanan writes that injured reserve players TE Matt Lacosse and FB Nikita Whitlock will not be released with settlements and instead remain on the team’s injured reserve.
- According to Tom Pelissero, the Vikings planned to cut C John Sullivan if they were unable to trade him, which in fact was the result.
- Pelissero believes the Redskins and Bears would show interest in Sullivan.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!