- Jason La Canfora reports that some of the contracts handed out by the Bears this past week have left some in the league “baffled.”
- La Canfora points to the three-year deal Chicago gave QB Mike Glennon that includes $15 million per year as one notable move.
- They also gave CB Prince Amukamara $7.55 million after he made $5 million with the Jaguars last year that included incentives and signed WR Markus Wheaton to the same money as other receivers like Brandon Marshall, Terrelle Pryor and Torrey Smith this offseason.
- According to Jason La Canfora, the Eagles are still open to a number of trade possibilities including LB Mychal Kendricks and C Jason Kelce along with one of their recently drafted receivers.
- While La Canfora doesn’t say who this receiver is, a recent report mentioned that Jordan Matthews could be available for trade at the right price. (NFLTR)
- La Canfora isn’t discounting the Patriots ability to trade restricted free agent CB Malcolm Butler for a good return.
- La Canfora mentions the Browns and Saints as two teams with a bunch of draft picks to work with a clear need for a solid young cornerback.
- La Canfora wouldn’t be surprised if the Seahawks are the first team to make a move for one of the available running backs in free agency after they get a feel for who’s the best fit at their price point.
- According to Albert Breer, the Titans are currently out of the mix for free agent LB Dont’a Hightower.
- Hightower recently visited with the Jets and is now traveling to meet with the Steelers. However, the consensus belief is that he’ll be returning to the Patriots at some point. (NFLTR)
- Titans GM Jon Robinson mentioned during an interview with The Midday 180 that free agent Hightower has not visited them, contrary to a report from earlier in the day. (Paul Kuharsky)
- Robinson said that made “a couple offers” to TE Anthony Fasano before he signed with the Dolphins. (Jason Wolf)