- Jason La Canfora reports that the NFL will conduct a meeting this week of top officials to seek ways to aid in-game officials during the playoffs.
- According to La Canfora, the NFL will explore ways to possibly expand the ability of centralized officiating crew in New York in regards to communications with refs in-game.
Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports that Cowboys QB Tony Romo continues to aim for a January return, and the team currently has no plans to place him on season-ending injured reserve at this point in time.
According to La Canfora, there was some immediate though about putting him on I.R. after he broke his collarbone for a second time. However, if the Cowboys can beat the Packers today, La Canfora mentions that Romo’s return becomes “a little more realistic.”
- Jay Glazer reports that former Giants DE Damontre Moore had been fighting with his teammates for months, dating back to Day 1 of training camp. (Mike Garafolo)
- According to Glazer, Moore even yelled at HC Tom Coughlin.
- Mike Garafolo adds that Moore also yelled at GM Jerry Reese.
McGinn opines that Matthews’ talent is being wasted at inside linebacker, and it appears as though he’s plateau in his development at the position.
Plus, it’s much more difficult to find superior pass-rushers than inside linebackers, and Green Bay is compensating him at rate based on his productivity as an edge rusher.
- According to McGinn, one of Mike Neal or Nick Perry may not be back with the Packers next year.
- McGinn expects the Packers to draft two defensive linemen next year.
- Beyond that, McGinn believes they should consider drafting an offensive tackle in round one.
- The Packers could also use a tight end and a wide receiver, according to McGinn.
- McGinn expects the Packers to re-sign K Mason Crosby.