Home / Dolphins / NFL Notes: Dolphins, Eagles, Lions, & Patriots
NFL Notes: Dolphins, Eagles, Lions, & Patriots
- Barry Jackson writes that new Dolphins HC Adam Gase really likes what he has seen from QB Ryan Tannehill, and VP of football operations Mike Tannenbaum is convinced Miami can win with him.
- Because of this, the Dolphins do not feel compelled to draft someone to compete with Tannehill for the job, according to Jackson.
- Geoff Mosher, citing a source with knowledge of the situation, reports that Steelers pro scouting coordinator Brandon Hunt is expected to speak with eagles director of player personnel Tom Donahoe again on Sunday regarding a personnel position.
- According to Mosher, the Eagles are looking for a VP of personnel type to run their scouting department much like the title Tom Gamble previously.
- Mosher notes that Hunt isn’t necessarily high enough on the scouting chain to be a “VP” type and lead a department. However, this still doesn’t mean the Eagles won’t hire him in some role.
- Mosher does expect them to target someone with more experience.
- The Lions have hired former Maryland HC Randy Edsall to be their director of football research/special projects. (Tim Twentyman)
- According to Tyler Dunne of the Buffalo News, it sounds like the Patriots’ interest in Kansas State’s Glenn Gronkowski is “genuine.”
- Kansas State’s co-OC Winston Dimel said the Patriots like him, and he could be a No. 2 tight end in an offense.
Tags Brandon Hunt Glenn Gronkowski Randy Edsall Ryan Tannehill