Home / Jets / NFL Notes: Shawn Oakman, Jets, Saints, & Vikings
NFL Notes: Shawn Oakman, Jets, Saints, & Vikings
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that the alleged victim in the sexual assault case involving former Baylor DL Shawn Oakman had a pre-existing relationship with him before the alleged incident took place.
- As of now, there have been no charges filed against Oakman. However, he was arrested and the case is expected to be presented to a grand jury at some point.
- Florio adds that this situation will surely impact his draft stock and some have told him that Oakman may not even be drafted.
- The possibility still exists that Oakman could be convicted of a felony, which may very well end any hope of having an NFL career.
- Manish Mehta wonders if the Jets are serious about making a playoff run based on their approach toward re-signing QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.
- While Fitzpatrick’s teammates clearly want him back with the team, the Jets are sticking to their offer, which they believe is fair. Fitzpatrick and his representatives maintain that he deserves to be paid as a starter.
- According to Mehta, “plenty of ticked-off players in the locker room if the Jets don’t re-sign Fitzpatrick.”
- Matt Vensel of the Star Tribune writes that Vikings GM Rick Spielman was front and center at Pro Days for a number of this year’s top receiver prospects including: Baylor’s Corey Coleman, TCU’s Josh Doctson, Ohio State’s Michael Thomas and Mississippi’s Laquon Treadwell.
- According to Vensel, the only Pro Day Spielman did not attend was Notre Dame WR Will Fuller, but this was likely due to the fact that it was held the same day as Josh Docton’s.
- Minnesota actually brought in Doctson and Treadwell for pre-draft visits.
Tags Alex Lewis Corey Coleman Josh Doctson Laquon Treadwell Michael Thomas Rick Spielman Ryan Fitzpatrick Shawn Oakman Travis Feeney Will Fuller