- According to Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, second-year QB Paxton Lynch has “lost every single practice session” to Trevor Siemian based on the practice tape observers have watched of him.
- Robinson adds that Lynch’s good days have been – at best – on par with Siemian’s good days while his bad days have been “exponentially worse.”
- Although, Robinson admits it’s still early and the team is hoping Lynch will be able to turn things around and push Siemian for the starting job this preseason.
Browns coach Hue Jackson announced Monday that Brock Osweiler will start their first preseason game.
- Michael Gehlken reports that the Raiders CB Sean Smith was operating as the team’s first-team nickel linebacker on Sunday.
- However, Smith has seen his practice reps reduced in training camp, which has opened the door for T.J. Carrie to get more work as the starting cornerback across from David Amerson.
- Dan Graziano reports that Ravens QB Joe Flacco went for a second opinion on his injured back last week, and the result was “positive for a slow return.” According to Graziano, there is still no concrete timetable for Flacco to return.
- Armando Salguero mentions that his sense regarding free agent QB Colin Kaepernick is that he will sign with a new team by the end of the week with the Ravens being the one to keep an eye on.
- However, Jeff Zrebiec writes that it appears as though the ship has sailed on Kaepernick in regards to the Ravens’ interest in signing him: “If the Ravens didn’t sign him last week when there was more uncertainty about Joe Flacco’s back, when Ryan Mallett was struggling mightily and when they had more cap space, I can’t see them making the move now.”