- Ian Rapoport mentions Bengals free agent RB A.J. McCarron as a potential target for the Broncos if Kirk Cousins signs elsewhere. Rapoport adds that McCarron knows Broncos HC Vance Joseph from their time together in Cincinnati.
- Troy Renck believes the Broncos could check in on Dolphins RT Ja’Wuan James, who is reportedly on the trading block (NFLTR).
- Mike Klis reports that the Broncos proposed Aqib Talib trade with the 49ers would have resulted in Denver getting 2018 fourth-round pick, but Talib balked at the deal and was later shipped to the Rams for a late-round pick in 2018.
Chris Mortensen reports that newly acquired CB Damarious Randall will be moving back to free safety for the Browns, which happens to be what he played in college.
“On Damarious Randall, most everybody has been talking about how he fills a need at corner,” Mortensen said, per Brendan Leister. “Well, he’s not going to play corner for the Browns. He’s going to be a free safety. He’s going back to his natural spot. So Browns will still be in market for corners.”
- Former Raiders LB Aldon Smith pleaded not guilty at an arraignment hearing on Monday. (Scott Bair)
- The Oakland Raiders tendered a contract to exclusive rights free agent LB Shilique Calhoun. (Josina Anderson)
- Jason Wolf of the Tennessean reports that the Titans working to retain pending free agents OL Quinton Spain, G Josh Kline, LB Avery Williamson, and DL DaQuan Jones ahead of free agency.
- Wolf says that the Titans plan to tender Spain, who is a restricted free agent at the lowest level.
- While Tennessee would like to get deals done with Williamson, Kline and Jones, they appear to be interested in testing free agency.
- Terry McCormick reports that the Titans met with free agent OLB Erik Walden‘s reps at the Combine, but he is likely to find suitors on the open market.