Home / Broncos / AFC Notes: Broncos, Chargers, Dolphins, Texans
AFC Notes: Broncos, Chargers, Dolphins, Texans
- James Palmer reports that the Broncos were engaged in conversations with Kirk Cousins’ representation on Monday, but never made an actual offer to him.
- Palmer says that Denver moved with conviction on Case Keenum quickly.
- According to Mike Klis, the Broncos and John Elway are not done wheeling and dealing and are expected to work both the free agent and trade markets over the next 48 hours.
- Mike Klis reports that the Broncos received phone calls from a few teams regarding inquiries about QB Trevor Siemian.
- Josina Anderson reports that the Chargers wanted to get a better sense of things after talking to free agent TE Antonio Gates before making moves at the tight end position.
- Armando Salguero reports that the Dolphins have decided to retain RT Ja’Wuan James under his fifth-year option worth $9.3 million. He will remain the team’s starting right tackle.
- A report from earlier in the day mentioned that the Broncos called the Dolphins to inquire about a potential trade for James. However, Miami told them that they plan to keep James. (NFLTR)
- Aaron Wilson confirms that the Texans are making a “strong push” to sign Chiefs free agent OL Zach Fulton.
- Wilson adds that nothing is done right now and there are other teams are interested, but the Texans have been aggressive so far and he should be a good fit, provided a deal gets done.
Tags Antonio Gates Case Keenum Ja'Wuan James John Elway Kirk Cousin Trevor Siemian Zach Fulton