Home Chiefs AFC Notes: Chiefs, Jaguars, Raiders, Texans
- Chiefs WR Sammy Watkins returned to practice on Wednesday after missing two of the last three games with a foot injury. (Adam Teicher)
- Chiefs HC Andy Reid said that Watkins and S Eric Berry are day-to-day. (Brook Pryor)
- Chiefs signed DB Horace Richardson to their practice squad.
- Chiefs released DB Josh Hawkins from their practice squad.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars officially ruled out WR D.J. Chark (quad) and DT Abry Jones (shin) for Thursday’s game against the Titans.
- The Jaguars list S Cody Davis (hamstring) and OL Josh Walker (foot/ankle) are both questionable.
- Jason Cole reports that the Forever Oakland group, who is suing Mark Davis and the Raiders over naming rights of the franchise, has antitrust lawyer Jim Quinn in their pursuit to keep the Raiders’ brand in Oakland.
- Cole adds that the City of Oakland has not filed a lawsuit against the Raiders, but gave an official approval to Forever Oakland.
- Raiders HC Jon Gruden said Wednesday that RB Doug Martin has a knee injury and his status is uncertain for Sunday, which is why they signed C.J. Anderson. (Scott Bair)
- Raiders signed RB C.J. Anderson. (NFLTR)
- Raiders signed DE Kony Ealy. (NFLTR)
- Raiders signed CB Bene Benwikere. (NFLTR)
- Raiders placed WR Martavis Bryant, S Reggie Nelson, and DE Shilique Calhoun on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Raiders designated OT Donald Penn to return from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Texans DE J.J. Watt said his knee: “It’s doing well. Last week, it just needed a little bit of rest. It’s doing well.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Regarding RB D’Onta Foreman, Texans HC Bill O’Brien said: “He practiced hard, did some good things out there. He looked healthy.” (Aaron Wilson)
- Foreman said of returning to the team: “It feels great. It was tough. I had a lot of up-and-down days, a lot of up-and-down moments. I fought through it.” (Aaron Wilson)