- According to Mike Jurecki, the Cardinals are currently doing work on seven quarterback prospects in this year’s draft including Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, Mason Rudolph, and Kyle Lauletta.
- Jurecki adds that this list could change in the coming months based on medical and character.
Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com takes a look at a group of free agents who could make sense for the Eagles this offseason.
Shorr-Parks’ list includes:
- DE Julius Peppers
- OLB Barkevious Mingo
- OLB Connor Barwin
- DE Jerry Attaochu
- DT Bennie Logan
- DT Kyle Williams
- DE Brent Urban
- LB Tahir Whitehead
- LB Karlos Dansby
- LB Kevin Pierre-Louis
- CB Prince Amukamara
- CB Nevin Lawson
- CB Leonard Johnson
- CB Brent Grimes
- CB T.J. Carrie
- S Bradley McDougald
- S Tre Boston
Giants QB Davis Webb is in a tough position, given that New York has the No. 2 overall pick in the draft and could very well select a quarterback of the future.
Webb says he’s spoken with GM Dave Gettleman and thinks there are enough people around the team to believe in him.
“I had a conversation with Mr. Gettleman and kind of told him how I felt and my abilities as a quarterback,” Webb said, via Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com. “I think there are enough people around the facility that believe in me and believe in my work ethic and believe in my ability to play quarterback one day for this franchise.
“I want them to know that I’m here to be the best teammate possible and work very hard. I know we have a high pick in the draft. But nobody really knows but two people — that is coach Shurmur and Mr. Gettleman. So there can be a lot of guessing and stuff like that.”
- Joe Person mentions RB Darren Sproles, RB Dion Lewis, and FB Zach Line as some possible free agent options for the Panthers.
- If Carolina were to look to the draft for some running backs, Person lists Georgia’s Nick Chubb, N.C. State’s Jaylen Samuels and Arizona State’s Kalen Ballage as some potential fits for the Panthers.
- Person says that Jonathan Stewart is really the key to how the Panthers will approach the running back position. If he’s back, the Panthers could still consider drafting another running back, writes Person.