Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Draft, 49ers, Packers, Rams, & Saints
NFL Notes: Draft, 49ers, Packers, Rams, & Saints
- Ian Rapoport reports that the fear is that Notre Dame ‘s LB Jaylon Smith suffered nerve damage in his knee, on-top of the torn ACL and MCL.
- North Carolina State announces TE David Grinnage will skip his senior season and enter the NFL draft. (Ralph D.Russo)
- University of Florida S Keanu Neal announces he’s declaring for the NFL Draft. (Kevin Brockway)
- Michigan State OT Jack Conklin will forgo his senior season to enter the NFL draft. (Bruce Feldman)
- Ed Wereder reports 49ers linebackers coach Clancy Pendergast was interviewed for and offered the defensive coordinator position at USC.
- According to Werder, Oregon has shown interest in Pendergast as well.
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy says CB Sam Shields is still in the league’s concussion protocol. (Ryan Wood)
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk discussed how Rams owner Stan Kroenke has significantly damaged the idea of the team remaining in St. Louis with the team’s filing to relocate to Los Angeles.
- Florio points out that trashing the city of St. Louis during the process may prevent them from returning, if denied.
- Florio also discussed how the NFL fears a one-year delay in a team relocating to L.A., the Chargers, Raiders, and Rams fan bases will degrade, as Kroenke has said it will definitely be the case in St. Louis.
- Florio proposed an interesting solution in which Kroenke and Dean Spanos trade ownership of the Rams and Chargers respectively, which would also require Kroenke including money for Spanos to vacate the Los Angeles market.
Tags Clancy Pendergast David Grinnage Dean Spanos Drew Brees Jack Conklin Jaylon Smith Keanu Neal Sam Shields Stan Kroenke