- James Walker of ESPN gives impending free agent RB Lamar Miller a 40 percent chance of being back with the Dolphins in 2016.
- Walker anticipated Miller having “plenty of interest” in free agency.
- Walker suggests the Cowboys a team that would be a “very good fit” for Miller.
- Joel Corry mentions that the only way a team should ever pay RB Eddie Lacy on a long-term contract would be with the inclusion of weight bonuses that are normally for select offensive and defensive linemen.
Foles stands to count $8.75 million against the Rams’ 2016 salary cap, which breaks down to a $6 million roster bonus that is guaranteed, $1 million of signing bonus peroration and $1.75 million in base salary.
Releasing Foles would result in a cap hit of $8 million and designating him as a post-June 1 release would only reduce this figure to $7 million.
Wagoner admits that this is a huge hit to take, but believes it could be necessary for the Rams to bring in a new quarterback.
Wagoner also expects the Rams to re-sign restricted free agent QB Case Keenum.
- Chris Bradford of the Beaver County Times expects the Steelers to explore the idea of restructuring with ILB Lawrence Timmons‘ contract this offseason.
- However, Bradford, admits that there’s at least a possibility that Timmons could be a cap casualty.
- Bradford believe LB Sean Spence could depart for a bigger role with another team this offseason.