- Eric Branch of The San Francisco Chronicle expects former Raiders DC Jason Tarver to join the 49ers coaching staff.
- Broncos denied the Bear’s request to interview wide receivers coach Tyke Tolbert. (Michael C. Wright)
- Cardinals are evaluating their defensive coordinator options with Dick LeBeau being considered for a senior assistant role. (Jim Wyatt)
- CB Richard Sherman is undergoing an MRI after injuring his elbow during Sunday’s game. (Albert Greer)
GM Ruston Webster said the Titans will take a look at linebackers and cornerbacks during the Senior Bowl activities.
“I think with this 3-4 defense, we have to look at linebackers, especially the outside-type linebackers. We’ve got to continue to build that,” Webster said, via John Glennon. “With linebackers and cornerbacks, those are two positions you really have to take a look at. Trying to build that 3-4 with the outside linebackers and the corners is a big part of what we’re doing.”
Webster also mentions they are weighing their options on the offensive side of the ball.
“Offensively, we’ll be open to a lot of positions,” continued Webster. “Obviously we know the quarterback deal. I think there are a good crop of running backs there and a good group of receivers. And there’s always the linemen.”
- Jim Wyatt believes the Titans are still “in play” for Dick LeBeau‘s services.