- HC Jim Harbaugh mentioned that QB Colin Kaepernick will play in their preseason finale next week. (Steve Corkran)
- Third-round pick OL Marcus Martin was carted off the field with a knee injury during Sunday’s preseason game.
- HC Mike Pettine mentioned that Dion Lewis is the favorite to win Browns’ No. 3 running back job. (Nate Ulrich)
- RB Peyton Hillis returned to practice Sunday after missing time with a foot/ankle injury. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- CB Tarell Brown practiced Sunday, despite suffering a concussion on Friday. (Fallon Smith)
- HC Bill O’Brien told reporters that rookie QB Tom Savage has “closed the gap” on Case Keenum for the Texans’ backup quarterback job.
“I would say it’s pretty close,” O’Brien said Sunday, per Tania Ganguli. “I think it’s pretty close. We’re discussing that right now. Both guys had good moments last night, but I think that Tom Savage definitely closed the gap, and it’s pretty close.“
- HC Bill O’Brien said that RB Arian Foster could possibly play in the Texans’ preseason finale. (Dale Robertson)