- Bengals HC Marvin Lewis said Tuesday that they plan to work on signing some of their other 2017 free agents to extension this summer now that they’ve locked up RB Gio Bernard. (Coley Harvey)
Chargers GM Tom Telesco told reporters on Tuesday that they’re “disappointed” that first-round DE Joey Bosa has decided to hold out of minicamp, due to contractual differences.
“We’re disappointed he’s not here,” said Telesco, via Chargers.com. “This is a big part of the learning process for all players, not just rookies. But there is part of a business to this too, and we understand that. It’s part of being a professional athlete. I’ll say the time he’s been here, (we’ve) been really impressed by not only his ability, but his work ethic. That’s been great. But that all being said, we’ve got to treat all of our players the same. That’s the big thing. We can’t do one thing different for one guy and the same for 89 others. These things tend to get worked out. It’s June, and we’ll just keep going.”
Telesco did, however, say that they liked what they’ve seen from the No. 3 overall pick.
“We like what we’ve seen so far,” Telesco said. “His combination of his hand use, athletic ability, his size and how he plays; he’s going to come along just fine I think.”
- According to Jason Cole, the “most optimistic diagnosis” for Cowboys RB Darren McFadden (Elbow) is that he’ll be back two weeks before the start of the 2016 season.
- However, Cole says that the most likely outcome is that he’s back by beginning of the season.
- Saints HC Sean Payton said Hau’oli Kikaha‘s latest ACL tear is not necessarily a career-ending injury because it can be repaired as if it were the first ACL tear and his third. (Evan Woodbery)
- Payton said Kikaha plans to visit with two or three specialists and then will make decision regarding surgery at some point next week. (Evan Woodbery)
- Payton didn’t rule out the possibility of them looking elsewhere for a pass rusher. (Katherine Terrell)
- The Saints tried out LS Chris Highland, LB Chris Weatherd, LB Royce LaFrance, TE Chris Bazile, P John Kidd and P Spencer Lanning. (Evan Woodbery)