- Broncos backup QB Brock Osweiler appears to be ready to play in something were to happen to starter Peyton Manning. (Mike Klis)
- Nate Irving looks to have locked the Broncos’ starting middle linebacker job. (Mike Klis)
- TE Tony Moeaki has received a “ton of time” with the first-team offense during the Bills minicamp and could push veteran Scott Chandler for the starting job. (Joe Buscaglia)
- The Bills starting RT position is second-round pick Cyrus Kouandjio’s “job to lose.” (Joe Buscaglia)
- S Da’Norris Searcy has taken all the first-team snaps at strong safety, but is expect to compete with Duke Williams in training camp. (Joe Buscaglia)
- QB Aaron Rodgers intends to continue scrambling for extra when the opportunities present themselves. (Tyler Dunne)
“It adds an extra dimension to my game,” Rodgers said.
- The starting center job appears to be J.C. Tretter‘s to lose. (Tyler Dunne)
- Establishing trust with his teammates and coaching staff could end up having a big impact on undrafted TE Colt Lyerla’s chances of making the 53-man.
“Trusting someone,” TEs coach Jerry Fontenot said, “is a huge factor in being able to allow a person to help you institute a change….So if he needs something, he’s going to have to learn to ask for it. There are a number of resources in this locker room that can help him for sure.“
- Free agent additions WRs Jerricho Cotchery and Jason Avant both have similar skill sets, which will likely prevent them from seeing the field in two-receiver sets this year. (Joe Person)
- WR Kealoha Pilares is “a lock to make the team” due to his kick-return ability. (Joe Person)
- QB/WR Joe Webb could be an “intriguing candidate” for one the Panthers last remaining roster spots, even though Carolina only kept two QBs last year. (Joe Person)