- Bills HC Sean McDermott told reporters on Monday that the report that Kelvin Benjamin is dealing with a torn meniscus is not accurate. (Joe Buscaglia)
- According to McDermott, Benjamin is considered day-to-day and is currently “working hard” to return to the team. (Joe Buscaglia)
- Chiefs HC Andy Reid reiterated Monday that Alex Smith will be their starting quarterback for Sunday’s game against the Jets: “Alex is my guy.” (Terez A. Paylor)
- On Sunday, Reid told reporters that they weren’t considering benching Smith in favor of first-round pick Patrick Mahomes, despite the team’s recent struggles. (NFLTR)
Jones explained that he’s really looking forward to this opportunity after bouncing around with a few teams this year.
“I’ve been on multiple teams, bouncing around; it’s kind of hard finding a groove,” Jones said, via ESPN.com. “It’s kind of easy to get down and give up on yourself and start thinking about life after ball. For me, this opportunity has been a blessing for me and my family. All I can do is come in here and compete and challenge myself to be the best Datone Jones I can be and create a competitive environment inside the defensive line room.”
Jones added that he’s hoping to fit in with the Cowboys as fast as possible.
“For me, I don’t want to do anything to shift those blocks, like Jenga, you know? I don’t want those blocks to fall,” Jones said. “I just want to keep helping this team build and bring my competitive environment into the defensive line room so they know I’m serious, I’m here to work and I’m ready to get out there.”
- Doug Kyed reports that Patriots OT LaAdrian Waddle‘s ankle injury is considered “fairly minor” and the hope is he won’t miss much time.
- According to Kyed, Patriots LB Kyle Van Noy‘s leg injury is not thought to be a long-term concern.